PROJECTS DONE BY STUDENT / TRABAJOS HECHOS POR LOS ALUMNOS
– CELLULAR RESPIRATION: Do you know what is cellular respiration?
– EARTH QUAKES: Tembling of the earth´s crust: contact between tectonic plates.
– 5 A DAY: Minimal share of daily comsumption of fruits and fresh vegetables.
– BLOOD CIRCULATION: Each cell of our body needs oxygen and nutriens to survive.
– ANOREXIA: Lack of aliment.
– DIABETES: An illness produce by a bad utilisation of the carbohydrates by a consequence of a fault of insulin.
INTERESTING WEBSITES / PÁGINAS WEB DE INTERÉS
http://www.gca.org.uk/ages3-14/subjects/science.html: The oficial website of the QCA. This has all the information, schemes of work, lessons plans etc of the National Curriculum at all levels. Also links to resources. Very useful reference guide.
http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/schemes2/secondary_science/?view=get: Part of the official fovernment site for the English National Curriculum, this site includes schemes of work and resources links for all the topics at all levels of secondary science. Very useful reference guide.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks3bitesize/science/: Includes games and revision activities for students aged 11-14 as well as teacher’s notes, lesson plans etc.
http://www.bnsc.gov.uk/index.cfm?pid=1159: All about space, includes resources and printable activity sheets at different levels.
http://ngfl.northumberland.gov.uk/science7default.htm: Includes self-assessment resources for students as well as online activities with accompanying worksheets on some topics.
RECOMMENDED BIBLIOGRAPHY / BIBLIOGRAFÍA RECOMENDADA
- Title: Secondary Education 1 Natural Science
- Author: C. Echevarría, E. Dehesa, J. Gómez-Limón, B. Cano, M. Hutchings
- Editorial: Anaya English
- Title: Essential Natural Science 1
- Author: Barreiro, C. Blanco, M., Delgado, A. Garrido, B.
- Edit: Santillana / Richmond
- Title: Target science
- Author: Coppock, D.
- Editorial: Oxford